Thursday, October 9, 2008

Something Old, Something New

I'm back in Juneau now.

It was supposed to be sunny today but it stayed cloudy and rainy most of the day. I wonder if I'll see the sun again this year?

Winter is pretty much here now with snow above 1,200 feet and temperatures in the upper 30's and lower 40's.

I really want to get out of Juneau but the problem is that I don't really know where I want to go. I like seeing new places and getting away on mini vacations as often as possible but here in Juneau there's nowhere to go, nothing new to see.

At any rate, I've got to go back to work and begin focusing on my training again. I guess tomorrow when I'm out running in the rain I'll stop into my old job and see if they need any help. The truth is though that I've got one foot out the door here in Juneau and my biggest priority here is to get things together to move out of here for good.

My drive up here through Canada was very enjoyable. Lots of time alone with beautiful scenery and very winterlike weather most of the way. Usually my first exposure to wintry weather feels much more severe than it really is but for some reason this year it didn't feel cold even though two days ago it was well below freezing the entire day and probably below 20 degrees where I camped at night.

Here's a few pictures from the drive. I always find the season's first snows to be depressing and exhilarating at the same time. These pictures capture some of that for me.





3 comments:

Jill Homer said...

Man, that sucks. You should have seen the weather in Ketchikan. It was beautiful today! Flying out of Juneau, the cloud cover was really thin and then we were above it. I thought for sure it was more fog than anything and you would get nice weather.

Well, it's supposed to snow on Saturday in the Grand Canyon, so there's no real escaping it anyway, when you think about it.

It was fun to see you for about two hours before I left. Don't move away from Juneau before I come home.

Andrew said...

"I'll stop into my old job and see if they need any help"

you'd better get back to work!!! I heard the locals have been going crazy requesting 'Mac & Smoked Cheese'!!! :P LOL

I still say you both should come to the Carolinas (Asheville maybe?)!!!

Anonymous said...

酒店兼差

酒店打工

酒店經紀

酒店小姐

酒店兼職

酒店上班

禮服店

假日打工

台北酒店經紀

童裝批發

童裝批發

童裝

童裝

酒店喝酒

暑假打工

寒假打工

酒店

酒店經紀人

酒店現領